Camping always equals a fun time outdoors, but sleeping on the ground isn’t for everyone, especially people who suffer from chronic back pain, injuries, or other health conditions. The best camping cot can totally change the way you camp out. KingCamp produces some of the best-selling models on the market. Each of their cots is designed to prevent you from waking up in the morning stiff and sore by providing you with a firm, comfortable, elevated sleeping surface that can also prevent bug bites and any unwanted contact with wildlife.
- ★【Ultralight & Portable】 Only 4. 9 lbs and packed Size: 14 × 5. 1 × 5. 1 inches, this camping cot is highly portable and space-saving! Wherever your adventure is, this smart light camp-cot can be stored in your backpack.
- ★【Strong & Sturdy】 The frame of bed is made of anti-rust and high strength aerial aluminum alloy with large load capacity 120kg. Top material is 420D polyester fabric, anti-tear and breathable.
- ★【Winner of the World-renowned Award】 Thanks to its unique design, good quality, convenience to use and simple to assemble; The cot was awarded ADI COMPASSO D'ORO INTERNATIONAL AWARD in 2017.
- ★【Large Size】 Fits most people up to 6’2”, Set Size 75 × 25 × 4.7 inches; Good for hiking, hunting, road trip, indoor use, also ideal for office nap.
- ★【Off Ground】 Enjoy comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other uneven surfaces when you use it; Don't worry about leaking like an air pad. You deserve a good night’s sleep when you’re camping.
The KingCamp ultralight compact folding camping cot is the second model from Kingcamping that we have reviewed. But considering they make some of the best camping cots on the market, we decided to take a closer look at one of their models designed specifically for backpackers. This cot has gotten high marks in terms of portability, quality back support, pricing, ease of use, and its simple lightweight design.
Overview and Features
This cot simply hits all the marks for backpackers in need of a compact cot to take on longer hiking trips. Often, camping cots marketed as highly portable are lightweight, but when it comes to folding the cot down, they tend to make a bulky package that won’t fit inside a pack. But this cot by KingCamp changes all of that.
This camping cot packs up incredibly small. In fact, when folded correctly and placed inside the included carry bag, the cot measures in at just fourteen inches by five inches. Weighing just four pounds, this cot is the perfect addition to any hiker’s pack.
When unfolded, the cot is seventy-five inches by twenty-five inches, which means it will easily fit into most models of one-person tents. The cot has a weight capacity of two hundred and sixty-five pounds, which is decent for a cot of this size, but makes it unsuitable for larger campers. It can accommodate campers who are a little over six feet tall.
The frame is made out of a type of lightweight, durable aluminum. The frame uses aerial aluminum alloy rods with a ripstop four hundred and twenty denier polyester sleeping surface.
The cot sits very low to the ground with only approximately four and a half inches of space underneath, so you won’t be able to store much gear under the cot, but the height still allows for air to circulate underneath you. This equals a cooler or warmer sleeping experience, depending on what time of year you’re camping out. During the winter, sleeping on the ground can make for one miserably cold night of rest because the ground can actually leach your body heat. In the summer months, sleeping on an elevated platform allows air to circulate under you, thus keeping you cooler.
The frame of the cot consists of five bars that are all shock-corded.
There is a total of eight short cot legs, each of which are equipped with a plastic cap that prevents damage to tent flooring. The feet themselves are wide, ensuring even weight distribution.
- Folds down into a small compact package
- Free carry bag
- Lightweight design makes the cot a great choice for hikers
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to set up and break down
- This cot sits very low to the ground, so you won’t be able to store much gear underneath.
- The height of the cot can also make it difficult for some campers to easily get on and off it.
- Lower than average user weight
- Some campers may find the cot to be a bit too narrow
Ease of Use
Setting the cot up is incredibly easy, thanks to the simple design and well-written instructions. Set up time takes approximately five minutes.
The height of the cot can make it a bad fit for campers that have mobility issues, back pain, or arthritis because it sits so close to the ground.
Best Time of Year
This cot is best used during the summer months. The highly breathable sleeping surface will keep campers nice and cool. When used during the winter, we recommend that hikers use an insulated sleeping pad to stay warm and retain body heat.
I currently mentioned ultra-lightweight cots explained in this website, so please see this message. Required something with a mattress? No problem, inspect this impressive listing.
Thanks for analysis. Please let me understand if you have an inquiry or comment, I enjoy to hear from you, there is a comment box listed below. I desire you a pleasurable day.
Last update on 2021-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API